We are beyond thrilled and honored to announce that with the amazing help of our community, we are reopening HEART house in the next few weeks!
HEART will house five LGBTQ residents struggling with homelessness, housing insecurity, and non-affirming situations, and provide them with programming, job assistance, and loving support.
We are looking for the following items to get everything ready – please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to help! Thank you!
- Pots and pans
- Mixing and measuring bowls, measuring spoons
- Kitchen towels (the gayer the better!)
- Aluminum foil
- Glad bags
- Cling wrap
- Ice trays
- 5 twin beds and frames
- Extra sheets, blankets, comforters for twin beds
- Small dressers
- Bedside tables and lamps
- Closet hangers
- Shower caddies
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- First aid supplies, including basic OTC meds (Tylenol, hydrogen peroxide, neosporin, tums, etc.)
- A small couch (and we mean small – it’s a very narrow entryway!)
- Small TV and TV stand
- Small bookshelves
- Super gay wall art
- Laundry detergent
- Soap, shampoo
- Cleaning supplies
- Basic kitchen staples
- Board games
- Craft supplies
- Notebooks for groups
- Any little touches to make it a home!
About Lancaster LGBTQ+ Coalition
At Lancaster LGBTQ+ Coalition, we are committed to building a supportive and enriching community abundant in opportunities for LGBTQIA+ individuals and those with a stake in creating a more inclusive Lancaster County. For more information, visit lgbtlancaster.org